1. AI and patents poll part one: knowledge needed
At number one is the first part of a survey on artificial intelligence and patents. The survey was carried out by Patent Strategy, a new offering from Managing IP. You can read the results here.
2. First infringement case could be ‘seminal moment’ for us cannabis sector
The second most-read story is on the hot topic of cannabis. Here we reported that some biotech companies believe that the future enforceability of cannabis patents rests on one particular case.
3. EU copyright directive agreed in “present for creatives”
Next up is the political agreement to introduce the new EU Copyright Directive, which has divided opinion among interest groups; some see it as a win for copyright owners. You can read more here.
4. Big data may drive IP enforcement, businesses reveal
Number four is on big data. As you can read here in-house sources explain that big data tools could be increasingly used for analyses surrounding IP litigation as the technology becomes more reliable.
5. Generics discuss fallout from major pharma patent cases
The fifth most-read story looks at the latest US pharmaceutical patent case law. Generic companies tell us which decisions they are most concerned about and why. You can see their views here.