With the UPC completely reshaping the litigation landscape in Europe, now is the time for strategies to be put into place to prepare for this change. This is something that is uppermost in European companies’ priorities at the moment.
But are US companies falling behind in this regard?
They already have enough on their plates, with the fallout from recent Supreme Court decisions working their way through the courts and the USPTO, debates on patent trolls, and potential new legislation in Congress. As a result, US companies may not be focusing enough attention on the reform in Europe, giving away a strong competitive advantage to its European competitors.
However, to really bring US corporations up to speed, Managing IP is holding the European Patent Reform Forum USA in San Jose on December 10 and New York on December 12. Registration is still open at www.managingip.com/eupatentusa
Join us to learn all you need to know about the UPC, get direct insights from the preparatory committee, hear from the EPO and listen to expert advice for US corporations to prepare for the reform.
The expert panels include leading European IP experts, a member of the drafting committee as well as well renowned US in-house counsel:
• Stefan Luninbuehl, international legal affairs, European Patent Office
• Pierre Véron, partner, Véron & Associés and member of the drafting committee
• Michael Schneider, partner, Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co
• Larry Horn, CEO, MPEG LA
• Catherine Lacavera, director of litigation, Google
• Pamela Simonton, executive vice president and general counsel, Exelixis Pharmaceuticals
• Sherry Knowles, principal, Knowles Intellectual Property Strategies
• Katy Motiey, Chief Legal Officer, Spansion
• Nicola Dagg, partner, Allen & Overy
• Michael Moore, deputy general counsel, Rambus
• Kim Jessum, associate general counsel, Heraeus Incorporated
• Roger Kuan, senior IP counsel, Thermo Fisher Scientific
• And many more
Register for free at: www.managingip.com/eupatentusa
or simply email your details to email@example.com
The material on this site is for law firms, companies and other IP specialists. It is for information only. Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice before using the site. All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2020 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQs.