Nominations can be in any technological field, and from any jurisdiction. Note that we are not necessarily looking for the most significant inventions, but for the most significant patents.
Reasons for nomination could include:
- The patent protected the sales of a particularly valuable product (such as a blockbuster drug).
- The patent was widely licensed, enabling many different products and earning significant royalties.
- The patent was successfully enforced in court and/or ADR (leading, for example, to remedies such as large damages).
- The patent was widely cited and influential on later developments in the field.
You can nominate any number of patents, and they can be active or expired. Where possible, please provide a few sentences explaining why you have nominated each patent.
You can make nominations in the following ways:
- Click on the comment button above
- Email your nomination to us
- Send a nomination to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
We will make a final selection of the most significant patents from the nominations received, and will publish an analysis of each one in a future issue.
The material on this site is for law firms, companies and other IP specialists. It is for information only. Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice before using the site. All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2020 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQs.