IP quiz: inter partes review, Hogan Lovells and IP merger
Test your knowledge of the latest IP developments with three questions on last week’s news. Search managingip.com for more information on the topics. The answers will be published next week
1. Which company filed four of the first inter partes review petitions at the USPTO?
2. Hogan Lovells has hired four lawyers from which firm in Silicon Valley?
3. Which two US IP firms are in merger discussions?
Answers to last week’s questions:
1. Paul Maier has been appointed director of the European Observatory on IP Infringement at OHIM.
2. Kim & Chang acts for Apple in its dispute with Samsung in Korea.
3. Chief Judge Rader of the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit said: “We face the threat of being the first generation in many to pass on a weaker IP system than we inherited.”
4. Akamai v Limelight and McKesson v Epic concern liability for induced infringement.
5. INTA’s meeting on designs was held in Copenhagen.