Basketball, the enemy and antitrust lawsuits: this week's quiz
Here are five questions on the past week’s IP developments. Answers next week
1. Which individual topped Managing IP’s list of the most influential people in IP?
2. The Court of Justice ruled in a case relating to supplementary protection certificates last week. What condition does Neurim Pharmaceuticals’ product Circadin treat?
3. Who is the latest US basketball player to go to court in China to win the right to use his Chinese name?
4. A judge due to hear which high-profile case is reported to have said “We have met the enemy, and he is the US” at a conference earlier this month?
5. A US judge threw out a $1.3 billion antitrust lawsuit against Microsoft last week. Which company filed it?
Last week’s answers
1. Canada’s Supreme Court issued five opinionsin one week.
2. The first third-party observation on a PCT applicationwas submitted in respect of a patent concerned with optical coating.
3. Lynne Beresford has joined the IIPIafter serving as USPTO commissioner for trade marks.
4. The newly combined firms of Herbert Smith and Freehillswill have 100 fee earners in IP.
5. Mexico is to consider proposals for a trade mark opposition systemin readiness for joining the Madrid Protocol