1) Kings of Europe: why do the ‘big four’ dominate IP?
Our most-read for the month was our assessment of the IP market in Europe. France, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK are generally considered Europe’s IP ‘powerhouses’. We asked why and considered whether similar-sized jurisdictions can compete.
2) IP strategy bonfire: in-house on adapting to business needs
Evolving business expectations have prompted changes to IP strategies, with some counsel binning traditional practices altogether. In this article, in-house lawyers told Managing IP how and why some practices have changed.
3) Maintain your network: tips on returning to work after parental leave
An in-house lawyer at Barclays, a former in-house counsel and two private practice lawyers spoke to Managing IP about returning to work after taking a break to raise a family and finding the balance between work and home life.
4) Lawyers react to US plans to strengthen design patent enforcement
In our fourth most-read article in-house and private practice lawyers said that proposed legislation could help companies fight counterfeiters and enforce design patents, but others said the bill raises prior art concerns.
5) China apex court ruling will provide more patent consistency
In-house lawyers said this decision outlined an ambitious step that China’s Supreme Court is taking to make it more efficient to enforce patent rights.