We're delighted to confirm that Mr Justice Arnold will open the Forum, which takes place at the Waldorf Hilton London on March 8 and 9.
Arnold has been a High Court judge since 2008 and the judge in charge of the Patents Court in the UK since 2013. He has written important judgments in many patent cases, as well as in many other areas of IP, and last year sat in his first case in the Court of Appeal.
Recently, he also co-authored a paper on the legal consequences of Brexit through the lens of IP law, which is essential reading for anyone interested in this topic.
Arnold's keynote is scheduled for 9.00 am on March 8 so if you are attending the Forum make sure you arrive early.
If you are not yet registered, there are still a few places available - details are here, but act fast!
The full programme, including names of speakers, is available here.
Over the two days, we have panels on many topical patent issues including:
- Brexit, Article 50 and the UPC
- Patentable subject matter: Alice, the EPO and enforcement
- Internet of Things: IP, privacy and licensing
- Litigation strategy: filing strategies, preliminary injunctions and forum shopping
- Patent enforcement: harmonisation, Brexit and design patents
- Second medical use claims: pregabalin, Warner-Lambert v Actavis and more (see also our recent roundtable discussion on this topic)
- FRAND: SEPs in Europe, Huawei v Unwired Planet and dispute resolution
- The Patent Box: recent changes, IP strategies and thinking outside the (patent) box
- Trade secrets: the EU Directive, China and the US, the first DTSA cases
- IP and commercial strategies: IP monetisation, security and emerging markets
Reflecting the international nature of this Forum, we will also have dedicated sessions on developments in:
- China: specialist courts two years on, parallel proceedings and is China now safe for IP?
- India: recent improvements and specialist IP courts possibilities
- Turkey: all you need toknow about the new IP Code
There will be a drinks reception on the evening of March 8, starting at about 5.00 pm to which all attendees and speakers are invited.
On the evening of March 9 our annual Global Awards Dinner takes place at the Savoy. More information on that, including shortlists for the awards categories, is available here.
The material on this site is for law firms, companies and other IP specialists. It is for information only. Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice before using the site. All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2020 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQs.