Editor's note: This webinar has been rescheduled to February 12 from January 16.
Gowling WLG and Managing IP are holding a complimentary webinar, “IP and the Automotive Sector”, on February 12 at 4pm GMT/11am EST that will review the challenges posed by the future development of connected cars and autonomous vehicles.
Topics to be discussed include:
• Challenges to the automotive industry: scale of investment needed, new entrants, competition for AI skills
• Patentability of AI in automotive applications
•Alternatives to patenting including the importance of trade secrets, copyright, designs and branding
• Is data properly recognised in IP?
• SEPs and connected vehicles and the potential for standards for AVs
• Growth of litigation in the automotive sector and licensing models
• IP for mobility as a service
The webinar will last 60 minutes. As with all our webinars, there will also be an opportunity for the audience to ask questions of the panellists.
The webinar is free to attend: just register here or below.
The material on this site is for law firms, companies and other IP specialists. It is for information only. Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice before using the site. All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2021 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQs.