Quiz of the week: International Patent Forum
This week’s quiz questions are all based on Managing IP’s International Patent Forum, held in London last week
1. Who described the creation of a unitary patent and unified patent court in the EU as “an economic imperative”?
2. James Pooley of WIPO cited proposals made by which technology company during his speech on reforming the patent system?
3. What is the total budget of the EPO?
4. Where should the planned EU unified patent court be located, according to Richard Vary of Nokia?
5. “If you sell an abandoned portfolio, don’t forget that the person or team that developed it may be under pressure from their managers if it turns out that the buyer is able to exploit it commercially when they couldn’t.” This was a warning from the head of patents at which company?
Answers to last week’s quiz:
1. Judge Denny Chin
2. April 20 (the date has since been further extended)
3. Pete Wishart MP
4. Socialist and Democrat groups
5. .sex, .porn and .adult