Copyright cases, PCT observations and Herbert Smith/Freehills: the week’s news quiz
Here are five questions on the past week’s IP developments. Answers next week
1. How many copyright decisions did Canada’s Supreme Court issue last week?
2. The first third-party observation on a PCT application was submitted last week. What did the relevant patent concern?
3. Lynne Beresford has joined the IIPI. What was her previous role?
4. The newly combined firms of Herbert Smith and Freehills will have how many fee earners in IP?
5. In which country will proposals be put forward to introduce a trade mark opposition system, in readiness for joining the Madrid Protocol?
Last week’s answers
1. The next three USPTO satellite offices will be in San Jose, Dallas and Denver
2. Before the passage of Bill C-11, Canada last substantially revised its copyright bill in 1997
3. The company that bought the iPad trade mark from Proview in China was IP Application Development
4. The WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights will discuss broadcasting and the rights of visually impaired people to access copyright works, according to WIPO Director General Francis Gurry
5. The company with the most applications for new gTLDs is Donuts, with 307