Premier Cercle is teaming up with Managing IP and Institutional Investor Magazine for the IP Finance 2015 conference at The New York Palace on May 14.
Corporations are only beginning to tap into the potential of IP, and recent multi-billion dollar deals on patent and trade mark portfolios and IP assets-backed financing have kicked-off a sustainable trend.
The IP Finance 2015 programme will showcase and discuss the best practices from patent holders, entitled, investors, bankers, financiers, PE, firms, regulators, plaintiffs and defendants that make the most of their immaterial assets and intangible capital.
The programme is structured in three parts: assets, transactions and challenges.
The conference will start with a keynote address from Frédéric Rose, CEO of Technicolor. This will be followed by sessions covering IP finance’s influence on innovation and commerce, IP securitization, patents’ evolving role in financial transactions, NPEs’ effect on innovation, the new business of IP litigation finance, and the impact of PTAB proceedings and the Alice decision.
Confirmed speakers at the event include:
- Mark Argento, co-founder, Lake Street Capital
- Bruce Berman, chief executive officer, Brody Berman Associates
- Henrik Carle, vice-president, business management and finance, IPR & licensing. Ericsson
- Yann Dietrich, senior patent licensing executive and IP counsel, France Brevets
- Michael Fusco, managing director, Morgan Stanley
- John Garland, former vice president of licensing, Rockstar
- Samirah Muzaffar, consultant, MyIPO
- David Pridham, chairman and chief executive officer, Dominion Harbor Group
- Sean Reilly, VP and associate general counsel, The Clearing House Payments Company
- Maulin Shah, managing partner, Envision IP
- Jaime Siegel, executive vice president, Acacia Research Group
- Eran Zur, managing director, Fortress Investment Group
The event is also aimed at gathering international speakers and attendees, such as:
CEOs, CFOs, board members of Fortune 500 corporations, investors, investment bankers, consultants and advisors.
For more details about the conference, visit its webpage here: http://www.premiercercle.com/sites/ipfinance/2015/nyc2015/overview.php
This year’s conference follows the inaugural IP Finance conference in 2014. You can read some of Managing IP’s coverage of that event below.
IP specialists give tips on cashing in on patents
Litigation financing: How small inventors can tackle Goliaths
Could Nortel have doubled the $4.5 billion paid for its IP portfolio?
Only 30% of our content is published on our blog – to access all of our content you need to be a subscriber.
We like to offer our loyal blog readers a special rate, so register your interest in coming on board as a subscriber and we will be in touch shortly.