Download the brochure for Washington D.C.
Download the brochure for Silicon Valley
The fourth annual MIP US Patent Forum is returning to Washington DC and also coming to Silicon Valley in March 2015. Following a year of heated debate about patent reform, trolls, antitrust considerations in Hatch-Waxman litigation and the Supreme Court killing software patents, IP managers across different sectors are facing an unprecedented level of uncertainty. As former Chief Judge Rader bluntly says: “the law doesn’t make sense anymore”.
Yet, the industry seems to becoming more active in trying to fix the system where laws fail to protect IP owners. From lobbying attorney generals to fight malicious law suits, to creating defensive patent pools, and all the way to utilising trade secrets as an alternative to patent protection, patent-heavy industries are creating a self-help system to overcome legal uncertainty.
Focusing on litigation, licensing, patent protection and IP commercialisation, as well as on the most important global developments, the MIP US Patent Forum 2015 will take close look at these issues. It will shed light on the US IP landscape, provide you with different strategies to deal with uncertainty, give you best practices for today’s IP protection and analyse future developments so you can stay ahead of your competition.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Listen to trends at the ITC and implications of recent decisions on obtaining exclusion orders
- Learn best practices for post-grant and inter-partes review
- Analyse Hatch-Waxman litigation and patentability matters in the pharmaceutical sector
- Understand the status on patenting software and business methods
- Discuss the utility of trade secrets as alternative way to protect your IP
- Hear from experts on the status of the European Patent Reform
- Discuss the need for patent reform in the USA
WHO YOU WILL MEET
- IP in-house counsel
- Vice presidents and general counsel
- Private practice lawyers
- Directors of litigation
- Heads of IP
- Heads of legal
- Patent counsel