1. Apple’s IP infringement lawsuit against Samsung is being heard by a court in California. But how much is Apple seeking in damages?
a. $1.889 billion
b. $2.1 billion
c. $2.525 billion
d. $2.845 billion
2. Which judge is hearing the case?
3. China has introduced a new expedited patent examination system. When did it launch?
4. The UK has appointed its third IP attaché. But in which country will she be based?
5. “I am offended by the total disrespect of property rights that Google engages in.” Which former US government official said this?
a. Former USPTO director Jon Dudas
b. Scott Cleland, former deputy US coordinator for communication and information policy
c. Marybeth Peters, former Register of Copyrights
d. Former USPTO deputy director Margaret Peterlin
1. Lawyers and judges in Henan province have been arrested this year in connection with a scam relating to well-known trade marks.
2. COFEPRIS is Mexico’s Health Authority, which grants marketing authorisations for drugs.
3. The new cap on statutory damages proposed by the latest draft of China’s copyright law is Rmb1,000,000 ($150,000).
4. Seven men and two women make up the jury in the Apple v Samsung trial in California.
5. Baker Hostetler has added three IP lawyers to its team in Cincinnati.
The material on this site is for law firms, companies and other IP specialists. It is for information only. Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice before using the site. All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2021 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQs.