This year's newspapers include:
- Articles on the key panels and speeches, including the lunch presentations from SIPO and EPO, and Simon Tam's gripping tale of his battle to register The Slants trade mark in the US
- A report on the Opening Ceremony, which included speeches by Patricia Kelly of IP Australia and Francis Gurry of WIPO
- Interviews with AIPPI President Hao Ma, Secretary General Laurent Thibon and Reporter General Sarah Matheson
- Summaries of all the questions being debated at this year's Congress, including: protecting GUIs; computer-implemented inventions; bad faith in trade mark law; quantifying monetary relief; geographical indications; and gene patents.
- News of the newest AIPPI national group to be launched, in the UAE
- Photos of AIPPI receptions as well as some of the parties held by law firms
- A full report on the trade secrets mock trial, which featured judges from around the world
- Vox pop with AIPPI attendees commenting on Sydney highlights and how to avoid jetlag
You can read and download (PDF) all three issues of the AIPPI Congress News for free on our conference newspaper page.
If you are attending the AIPLA Annual Meeting in Washington DC this week, look out for the AIPLA Daily Report, published from Thursday to Saturday.
The material on this site is for law firms, companies and other IP specialists. It is for information only. Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice before using the site. All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2020 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQs.