Read all the news from this year's AIPPI Congress in Sydney
About 1300 people attended this year's AIPPI Congress. Read and download each issue of the daily newspaper, published by Managing IP, for all the reports, interviews and photos
This year's newspapers include:
- Articles on the key panels and speeches, including the lunch presentations from SIPO and EPO, and Simon Tam's gripping tale of his battle to register The Slants trade mark in the US
- A report on the Opening Ceremony, which included speeches by Patricia Kelly of IP Australia and Francis Gurry of WIPO
- Interviews with AIPPI President Hao Ma, Secretary General Laurent Thibon and Reporter General Sarah Matheson
- Summaries of all the questions being debated at this year's Congress, including: protecting GUIs; computer-implemented inventions; bad faith in trade mark law; quantifying monetary relief; geographical indications; and gene patents.
- News of the newest AIPPI national group to be launched, in the UAE
- Photos of AIPPI receptions as well as some of the parties held by law firms
- A full report on the trade secrets mock trial, which featured judges from around the world
- Vox pop with AIPPI attendees commenting on Sydney highlights and how to avoid jetlag
You can read and download (PDF) all three issues of the AIPPI Congress News for free on our conference newspaper page.
If you are attending the AIPLA Annual Meeting in Washington DC this week, look out for the AIPLA Daily Report, published from Thursday to Saturday.