The fifth annual return of the MIP European Patent Forum USA will be taking place in Silicon Valley on December 5 and New York on December 7. .
The MIP European Patent Forum 2018 USA will provide a deeper understanding of the legal environment in Europe as it faces fundamental changes with the implementation of Brexit in 2019, and the rapid pace of innovation with emerging technologies is creating further legal challenges for IP professionals.
Essential developments will be examined including; coordinating your European and US patent strategy; Unwired Planet v Huawei and FRAND enforcement; understanding the global importance of issues such as AI, fourth industrial revolution and machine learning; and guidance on the new patenting processes in key European jurisdictions.
To adapt to the changing landscape, it is essential to approach your patent portfolio in an effective and efficient manner, to build a flexible and sustainable strategy.
Download the SILICON VALLEY brochure here
Download the NEW YORK brochure here
Who you will meet?
- IP in-house counsel
- Patent counsel/attorneys
- IP counsel and IP managers
- VP/SVP patents
- Private practice lawyers
- Heads/directors of IP, patents & legal affairs
Benefit of attending:
- Hear how to remain agile to protect your innovation in the changing European IP landscape
- Discuss the application of infringement by equivalents and draw comparisons with US practice
- Identify tips to strategically build your European SEP portfolio
- Evaluate best practice to draft and negotiate patent license agreements to avoid disputes
- Discover the benefits of EPO opposition proceedings for US counsel
- Gain essential knowledge and tips for drafting effective AI patent applications
- Explore new approaches and considerations for protecting emerging technologies
REGISTRATION & ENQUIRIES
+44 (0) 207 779 8938
+44 (0) 207 779 8730
+44 (0) 207 779 8836