The fifth annual MIP European Patent Reform Forum returned to Munich on September 5 and Paris on September 7.
With the most significant change to the European Patent system coming in the form of the Unified Patent Court, the MIP European Patent Reform Forum navigated the final
stages of establishing the UPC and Unitary Patent, examining the changes that will impact existing patent portfolios, tracking the operational progress and practical steps for a successful opt-out. The forum also examined the role of discretion in the UPC and how this compares to national practice.
Benoît Battistelli, president of the European Patent Office shared a keynote address which proved insightful to much of the audience in attendance.
- Join analysis on the practical steps and strategies for the next 3-6 months
- Examine how rules of evidence will be handled in the UPC
- Discuss the boundaries of FRAND & tips to successfully litigate and license your SEPs in the UPC system
- Evaluate the role of discretion in the UPC and whether declaratory relief will be widely available
- Listen to essential case developments within life sciences to effectively prepare for the sunrise period
- Understand the remedies available in the UPC and how they will be assessed
- Find out how defendants can revoke patents in the UPC
Key takeaways will be made available shortly. You can view the events photos here. To receive advance notice of the event in 2018, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.