It’s never been more important to have the right tools and tactics for maintaining a successful luxury brand. With the evolution of technology in the global landscape of fashion and luxury, new challenges arise and it is vital to preserve and adapt your brand.
Do you have the right strategy moving into the future? With new players such as fashion bloggers, Instagram, and continual technological advances changing conventional brand preservation tactics, it is not easy to find the right path.
The 2nd annual MIP Luxury Brand & Retail Forum USA aimed to guide delegates through this new world, and advise on all legal matters ranging from trademarks and brand protection to copyright and design protection.
The forum discussed the most pressing legal issues facing the luxury and retail industry, providing cutting edge legal advice and equipped delegates with everything they need to know to protect their brand, both physically and online.
The Forum once again brought together experts in corporations, industry associations, and international leading legal experts to discuss and exchange business critical knowledge..
Delegates were able to:
- Discuss how globalisation is changing the luxury and fashion landscape
- Look at specific cases of design patents and issues at the Federal level
- Learn how to utilise website blocking strategies to fight counterfeit sales online
- Discuss the benefits and multiple risks of social media with regard to brand dilution, content sharing and copyright compliance
- Debate how to protect your brand in emerging markets
- Examine the changing relationship between luxury and retail brands
- Listen to enforcement strategies and best practices to safeguard your assets
- Join analysis on the pros and cons of utilising either trademark, design rights or copyright to best protect your brands and products
- Examine whether the introduction of wearable technology will merge the distinction between design and patent law
- IP in-house counsel
- General counsel
- Brand protection managers
- Heads of IP
- Brand managers at corporates
- E-commerce managers
- Private practice lawyers
- Heads of legal
- Patent counsel
- Trademark counsel