The newly enacted Defend Trade Secrets Act has been described as the most significant expansion of federal intellectual property law since the Lanham Act was enacted in 1946. Moreover, trade secret litigation options will considerably expand in an aim to reduce trade secret misappropriation.
Businesses must start incorporating this new legislation now, the inaugural MIP Trade Secrets Forum 2016 will be analysing the steps you need to be taking to ensure you fully prepared and understand your responsibilities as in-house counsel.
The programme will encourage participation and debate on all the pertinent topics relating to the newly enacted Defend Trade Secrets Act. The MIP Trade Secrets Forum 2016 brings together leaders in corporations, industry associations and leading legal experts to discuss and impart valuable knowledge.
Download the brochure
Register your place today.
Benefits of attending:
Delegates are invited to attend a full day of debates and discussions to hear from, and network with, leading experts from multiple jurisdictions and industries. All delegates will be party to important debates about the most significant developments relating to the introduction of the DTSA and will have the opportunity to contribute as well as learn.
- Understand the new proposed federal legislation and strategic considerations
- Discuss the differences between the DTSA and existing state law claims
- Debate how to work with your HR department to enforce policies latest developments
- Examine the implications of the new DTSA on in-house counsel’s role and organisation as a whole
- Listen to key cases and strategies to take advantage of the DTSA
- Join analysis on comparisons with the DTSA, EU Trade Secret Directive and developments in China
Who you will meet:
- IP in-house counsel
- Heads of Litigation
- General Counsel
- Heads of IP
- Heads of legal
- Patent counsel
- Legal counsel
- Private practice lawyers
For more information: