Our fifth MIP International Patent Forum took place on March 10 & 11 2015.
With Europe introducing the new Unified Patent Court and China making good experiences with its new specialised IP court, keeping an overview of what is going on around the globe has never been more important. In addition, it is key to keep track of the US facing an increasingly activist Supreme Court and Russia facing political backlash from the west.
The MIP International Patent Forum 2015 educated the audience about up-to-date global legal developments, patent litigation, licensing, and IP monetisation in global jurisdictions. By discussing the most significant global changes to patent law, the event was a key learning opportunity for IP leaders, enabling delegates to get everything out of their intellectual property and be well prepared and informed about the global landscape of patent law.
All delegates were party to important debates about the most significant global developments in the patent system and had the opportunity to:
- Understand how to maximise profit centre potential with: licensing; monetisation through divestment; and litigation
- Contribute to the latest discussions surrounding licensing standard essential patents
- Debate the rise of trade secrets as a means to protect IP
- Discover the impact of new tax and transfer pricing regulations on your IP department
- Gain insights on the most recent landmark legislation, cases and trends across the globe including:
For event coverage and key highlights, view the roundups here below
International Patent Forum 2015 - day one
International Patent Forum 2015 - day two