The evolution of technologies has changed the way works and other projected subject-matter are created, produced, distributed and exploited. The eighth annual MIP International Patent Forum will be returning to London on March 7 and 8 to examine the changing nature of patents in the information age, specifically how the digitalisation of IP is impacting your patent portfolio. Practical strategies will recommend how you should be preparing for the uncertain political and legal environment while maintaining a competitive advantage, applying emerging case law, digitalisation and the impact on your business.
The MIP International Patent Forum will identify the key unique challenges faced by the life sciences industry: how to synchronise your patent strategy for global protection in relation to software eligibility, SEP licenses and trade secrets. Patent infringement by equivalents will be discussed in detail to determine the impact of this decision and provide answers to any questions that may have arisen from the judgement and application in practice.
The programme addresses the major issues at hand and will encourage participation and debate on all of the pertinent topics from the varied perspectives. The MIP International Patent Forum 2018 will bring together world leaders in corporations, industry associations and leading legal experts to analyse strategies to ensure your company is prepared to thrive in the forecasted uncertain political climate.
Benefits of attending
- Understand how to keep your patent litigation flexible in a changing landscape
- Listen to essential case updates from Actavis v Lilly and application of patent infringement by equivalents in Europe
- Discuss the latest rulings and policy developments with FRAND & SEPs across Europe
- Learn best practice to overcome the unique challenges faced by life sciences companies
- Join analysis on patent litigation trends and the threat from NPEs
- Find out how to navigate the digital revolution and the emerging challenges with industry 4.0
- Examine patent litigation and forum shopping at a cross-EU level
- Evaluate the alternatives to patent protection and the importance of protecting your trade secrets
Who will you meet?
- IP in-house counsel
- Patent counsel
- General counsel
- Corporate counsel
- Private practice lawyers
- Heads of IP
- Heads of legal
To participate in the forum, as a delegate, speaker or sponsor, contact us below:
REGISTRATION & ENQUIRIES :
+44 (0)20 7779 8825
+44 207 779 8730
+44 207 779 8836