We're delighted to confirm that Mr
Justice Arnold will open the Forum, which takes place at the Waldorf
Hilton London on March 8 and 9.
Arnold has been a High Court judge since 2008 and the judge
in charge of the Patents Court in the UK since 2013. He has
written important judgments in many patent cases, as well
as in many other areas of IP, and last year sat in his first
case in the Court of Appeal.
Recently, he also co-authored a paper on the legal consequences of Brexit
through the lens of IP law, which is essential reading for
anyone interested in this topic.
Arnold's keynote is scheduled for 9.00 am on March 8 so if
you are attending the Forum make sure you arrive
If you are not yet registered, there are still a few places
available - details are here,
but act fast!
The full programme, including names of speakers, is
Over the two days, we have panels on many topical patent
- Brexit, Article 50 and the UPC
- Patentable subject matter: Alice, the EPO and
- Internet of Things: IP, privacy and licensing
- Litigation strategy: filing strategies, preliminary
injunctions and forum shopping
- Patent enforcement: harmonisation, Brexit and design
- Second medical use claims: pregabalin, Warner-Lambert
v Actavis and more (see also our recent
roundtable discussion on this topic)
- FRAND: SEPs in Europe, Huawei v Unwired Planet
and dispute resolution
- The Patent Box: recent changes, IP strategies and
thinking outside the (patent) box
- Trade secrets: the EU Directive, China and the US, the
first DTSA cases
- IP and commercial strategies: IP monetisation, security
and emerging markets
Reflecting the international nature of this Forum, we will
also have dedicated sessions on developments in:
- China: specialist courts two years on, parallel
proceedings and is China now safe for IP?
- India: recent improvements and specialist IP courts
- Turkey: all you need toknow about the new IP Code
There will be a drinks reception on the evening of March 8,
starting at about 5.00 pm to which all attendees and speakers
On the evening of March 9 our annual Global Awards Dinner
takes place at the Savoy. More information on that, including
shortlists for the awards categories, is available here.