1. Who has been appointed director of the European Observatory on Counterfeiting and Piracy?
2. Which Korean law firm acts for Apple in its patent cases against Samsung?
3. Who warned last week: “We face the threat of being the first generation in many to pass on a weaker IP system than we inherited”?
4. The US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit last week ruled in the joined cases Akamai v Limelight and McKesson v Epic. What controversial issue is at the heart of the cases?
5. INTA held a meeting on design rights in which European city last week?
Check managingip.com next Monday for the answers and another five questions. Solutions to last week’s quiz:
1. Jimmy Kwok of HP used to be a policeman.
2. The district judge in the Louboutin v YSL case was Victor Marrero.
3. Lululemon is suing Calvin Klein alleging design patent infringement.
4. The new head of global legal policy at IFPI is David Carson, who was formerly general counsel of the US Copyright Office.
5. Vincent Couteau, head of legal at Atos, was discussing trade secrets in Shanghai.