1. “The court’s decision, if sustained, will likely have broad consequences, such as preempting methods for whole-genome sequencing.” Whose comment on the Federal Circuit’s judgment in Myriad last week?
2. India’s Supreme Court is due to hear final arguments this week in a patent dispute that affects which blockbuster drug?
3. Which judge recently ruled in the copyright case between MyVidster and Flava Works?
4. An Australian court last week upheld a law requiring plain packaging for cigarettes. Which country has filed a request for consultations at the WTO arguing that the law violates TRIPs?
5. Which Procter & Gamble brand does cyclist Victoria Pendleton promote?
Answers to last week’s quiz:
1. Apple is seeking $2.525 billion in damages in its litigation against Samsung.
2. The case is being heard by Judge Lucy Koh.
3. China’s expedited patent examination system was launched on August 1.
4. The UK’s new IP attaché Sheila Alves will be based in Brazil.
5. Scott Cleland, former deputy US coordinator for communication and information policy, said: “I am offended by the total disrespect of property rights that Google engages in.”