New gTLDs, unitary patent, WIPO and the Ka Mate haka: quiz of the week
Five questions on the past week’s news, based on articles on managingip.com. Plus: answers and links for last week’s quiz
- How many of the 1,930 new gTLD applications announced last week were for internationalised domain names (IDNs)?
- Who described the proposed EU unitary patent as a “pretty good product” in an interview with Managing IP?
- Representatives of WIPO member states are meeting in Beijing this week to sign an audiovisual performers treaty. In which year did the last attempt to agree the treaty fail?
- Whose attempt to register four phrases of the Ka Mate haka was rejected?
- Who won the lifetime achievement award at the EPO European Inventor Awards 2012?
Answers to last week’s quiz:
1. The Financial Times suffered a trade mark defeat in India
2. Japan saw an arrest under the criminal anti-circumvention law
3. The IP5 leaders met to discuss patent reform in Porticcio, France
4. DISH Network’s controversial digital recording service is called The Hopper
5. Bunsow & DeMory is the firm set up by former IP litigators at Dewey & LeBoeuf